Sunday, October 16, 2005

USC did NOT beat Notre Dame

USC's "win" this saturday was nothing short of a travesty.

I haven't seen a win coming off a bigger lump of B.S. since the Miami-Ohio State Fiesta Bowl of 2002.

I mean, if the Offense can fumble out of bounds while getting tackled IN bounds with the clock ticking, what's to stop teams from doing it on purpose. I've been watching officials look the other way and just plain hook USC up with great calls all season, but this game was ridiculous. It's a FIVE-YARD penalty for calling a time-out when you have none left - and a USC coach and player got in an official's face after the fumble and called time out repeatedly. To my lack of surprise, no call.

People love USC. I don't understand it.

LA doesn't know what REAL college football is. Angelinos should visit the Southeast, go to a couple SEC or ACC games. Then they'll know what it is to actually have to step it up every week. They'll understand what it is to have a whole town passionate about a team. They'll finally realize how easy they have it.

And as great as they are (and I do admit, they're a great team), they'll finally realize that their greatness is merely a by product of a weak conference, that for the SEC or ACC, it's just above average work.

No comments: