Sunday, November 20, 2005

#3 Miami Falls

Kyle Wright: you're officially on my sh!t list.

I don't care how many bad calls the refs made or how the O-line could have protected better or how Charlie Jones could have run better or whatever. We should have won that game. And it all falls on you. had you been the superstar that you show glimpses of, the GTech D would have had to respect the pass, and laid off the run.

Damnit. Two very winnable losses with the Defense only allowing 14 points or less in each, and the loss coming in 4 points or less.

You know what? I don't just blame Wright. I blame the new uniforms Nike imposed on us. They're the same style VTech wore when we spanked them a couple of weeks ago. We set trends (like with our uniform a few years back), not follow them. I guess we cursed ourselves.

...

Poof.

There went our national title hopes.

...

I'll say it again: it sucks that the ACC and SEC beat each other up all season long while Texas and USC get to coast by overrated poo-poo teams. I mean Fresno State almost beat USC. Who the F are Fresno State?! If you take a middle-of-the-road ACC or SEC team (like Wake Forrest or Clemson or Vanderbilt or South Carolina) and plop them down in the Pac 10 or Big 12 , you may just have added new conference title contenders.

1 comment:

Laura said...

In spite of this, are you still looking forward to the game on Saturday? You'd better be! (I hope I'm refering to the right team, haha)