Friday, November 10, 2006

College Football Predictions - 11/11

Wow.

I use that one word to describe both the great win Rutgers put up against Louisville last night and the horrendous week I had against the spread last weekend. I went 7-3 picking the winners but a mere 3-7 against the line. For that, I apologize to anyone who took my advice. Hopefully my picks in previous weeks have given you all enough of a cushion to take a bit of a loss.

This weekend, I'm expecting great things. Okay... well, I'm desperately hoping, anyway - with Greg Schiano as my inspiration. I thought Georgia would be a force before the season started, but they've really been a dissappointment. Add that to an Auburn team that I thought would take it all this year, and I don't think the Dawgs have a chance. Oregon could surprise USC, but I expect the Trojans to take the game very late (probably in the form of a questionable call). Miami could ride a wave of emotion and claim the upset at Maryland. And 'Bama should just be happy to score points at LSU, though I will enjoy their generous +18 points.

The Upsets:
Miami 24 - Maryland 20. (Take Miami +4)
Venderbilt 21 - Kentucky 20. (Take Vandy +2.5)

The Battles:
Auburn 24 - Georgia 10. (Take Auburn -12.5)
Florida 28 - South Carolina 14. (Tentativle take Florida -12)
USC 35 - Oregon 33. (Take Oregon +8.5)
Arkansas 28 - Tennessee 20. (Take Arkansas -6)

The Blowouts:
Ohio State 40 - Northwestern 13. (Take Ohio State -23.5)
Michigan 35 - Indiana 13. (Take Michigan -19)
Texas 33 - Kansas State 9. (Take Texas -16)
Cal 27 - Arizona 12. (Take Cal -14)
LSU 28 - Alabama 13. (Take Bama +18)

Record To Date: 55-25 (50-31)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Maryland straight up -165

I need to have this ...my two team parlay ...

UTEP +3 ( won) , Maryland 300

Henry Louis Gomez said...

Have the Gators covered once this season?

machete said...

what a shitty weekend. i hope i don't string too many more of these together.

lessons learned:
1) stop taking the gators.
2) don't trust the pac-10. (this one i knew but had forgotten)
3) this year's miami is not really miami.

Fantomas said...

I tell you a game that has been a nigthmare for the house

Hawaii

the over 70-76 the more the increase the total the more points hawaii score....

le quedan 3 juegos....

go with the over en los 3 with everything you got if the line stays 74-78

OVER , they are on a mission to be recognized in the east coast...

machete said...

Hawaii has always been ridiculous on offense and running up stats and scores on lesser teams.

Remember that QB out of Hawaii a few years ago that tore up all those passing records? Timmy Chang? I think he's on the Eagles practice squad... doing nothing. Who knows, maybe some time on NFL Europe will help him or something, but just flinging it out there your whole college career without regard to precision or pocket awareness really doesn't help you become good NFL QB.

Those guys can run up the score against crap teams all they want... doesn't make them good.

But good point on taking the over. I had forgotten about them. Don't really follow the WACK conference too closely.
Will take your advise next week.

Henry Louis Gomez said...

Hey I like the Rainbow warriors.

BTW the house doesn't care who wins.