Wednesday, February 21, 2007

David Caruso & his Shades

David Caruso may be one of the worst actors to star on a prime time TV show. He's hammy, with the most ridiculous acting style I've ever seen outside of B-movies and skinamax: a style characterized by an awkward delivery that is rife for ridicule. He puts his hands on his hips, turns his head to the side or down, says the person's name or otherwise starts line, pauses, repeats name (optional), turns head forward, puts on shades, delivers cheesy one-liner, and heads off screen. That right there was the David Caruso school of acting's capstone instruction. Ask my fiancee, I do a killer impression.


I used to watch CSI: Miami, primarily as a way to feel nostalgic about my home town. But David Caruso, along with some stupid writers who apply Mexican stereotypes to Cubans, pretty much made me give it up a few years ago.

H/T Salon.

2 comments:

Henry Louis Gomez said...

My wife and I laugh at his ass every time that show comes on. Yesterday's episode was particularly weak.

Laura said...

that video was very amusing