Saturday, February 24, 2007

Olsen at the NFL Combine

I watched Miami TE Greg Olsen, along with the rest of the tight ends and the offensive linemen, today at the NFL combine.

Simply said, the 'Cane did as a 'Cane does: kicked ass. He posted a sick 4.45 40-yard dash time, benched 225 lbs 23 times, and caught everything I saw thrown at him. Zach Miller, who was considered by some to be Olsen's competition as the best TE in the class, didn't even come close. He ran a 4.83 40 and dropped some balls during the gauntlent.

It's probably safe to say that The U's 1st-round draft pick record streak (12 years) will continue... and as a matter of fact, I think all Jon "The Beast" Beason needs to do is post a good 40 time to solidify a first-round selection.

And if it turns out that QB Brady Quinn is picked by the 'Phins, while it doesn't make up for the fact that he's a pretty boy Notre Damer, I was very impressed that he came in and lifted when he didn't have to and benched 225 lbs 24 times.

1 comment:

Roly said...

I HATE BRADY QUINN! I hope the Fins don't pick him up. Please no! My loyalties will be in a complete and total screwed up mode if that's the case.