El Machete's Rum Reviews
I've been MIA for a while, and this is why: I've been working on a new side project based on a favorite hobby of mine: rum. Search the web and you will find less than a handful of sites that specialize on reviews of rum. Hopefully your search will turn up my new site: El Machete's Rum Reviews. As I state in the site's intro:
[The] site is dedicated to honest reviews of the deliciously sophisticated and versatile sugar-based spirit: Rum. I don't claim to be an expert, but as a Cuban who grew up in Miami, I've always gravitated toward the sweet nectar, even while forcing myself to "expand" and try different spirits and wines. But during my Caribbean honeymoon in April '07 I decided to stop fightng it, and my love for rum was rekindled. There is, after all, little more natural, more relaxing than enjoying the ocean breeze with a cigar in one hand and some quality rum in the other (hey, I said little more...).
Every rum will be given a rating from 0-100 based on my own rating system. Along with the rating, each review will detail information on the rum, feature my tasting notes, and display original photography as well as a picture of the bottle to help you spot it on the shelves. I hope you find my perspective unique and insightful. Or at the very least, you enjoy the pretty pictures.




2 comments:
My faves are Ron Zacapa, Pampero and Flor de CaƱa.
If you're in MIA, we should throw a couple back one night.
email me: conductor@babalublog.com
all excellent.
considering your choices, you should try Zaya Gran Reserva.
Oh, and by MIA, I meant missing in action. Unfortunately I'm back in LA otherwise I'd take you up on that offer!
Post a Comment