Amazon.com can kiss my...
So I wrote this Listmania List on Amazon.com a number of years ago. It was titled "How to blow a fortune and make the FBI's most wanted list."
It was a tongue-in-cheek list that included Amazon's priciest items for sale and how you can use those items to start your criminal empire. It was quite funny, if I do say so myself. And you didn't have to take my word for it - it was Amazon's #1 viewed and #1 rated list for 27+ months. Additionally, it was through that list that I first took a serious look into the world of blogs, as I had found hundreds of blogs linking to my list and discussing it. It was quite flattering. And who knows how much more popular it might have become, had Amazon NOT taken the list down.
I didn't get an email, a warning, a notification, nothing. The list was simply deleted and I didn't notice until I was on Amazon myself checking to see how it was doing.
The list did not include specific instructions or actual items that can be used for ill means (for example it listed a $40,000 greenhouse, and I hinted at starting a "side business" or how a $15,000 parrot cage could be used to house "roosters between fights").
I've sent Amazon e-mails asking them to reinstate the list or at least for an explanation.
I've gotten nothing in return. Who knows how many people came to Amazon to check out the list and ended up making a purchase or two (likely thousands, since the list had been voted on by tens of thousands of people, who only represent a fraction of the actual visitors)?
Freaking bastards.




1 comment:
Why not post your list here?
Post a Comment