Sunday, September 17, 2006

Predictions follow-up - 9/16

Prediction: Miami 27 - Louisville 19. (Take Miami +4)
Actual: Louisville 31 - Miami 7.
What can I say? I was completely wrong. I'll have more on this game later.

Prediction: Michigan 31 - Notre Dame 30. (Take Michigan +5)
Actual: Michigan 47 - Notre Dame 21.
I knew Michigan would do it. I just didn't think it would be such a drumming.

Prediction: Iowa State 26 - Iowa 24. (Take Iowa State +13)
Actual: Iowa 27 - Iowa State 17.
Iowa may have won, but it needed a late-game surge to pull it out. At least Iowa State covered.

Prediction: Auburn 23 - LSU 20. (The line's Auburn -3, so I'd skip this action)
Actual: Auburn 7 - LSU 3.
I guess if you took Auburn, you made it through by the hair on your chinny-chin-chin. Who didn't think this would be a close game? I hope you took the under.

Prediction: Florida 38 - Tennessee 29. (Tentatively take Florida -3)
Actual: Florida 21 - Tennessee 20.
Ended up a lot closer than I thought it'd be - and really, a lot closer than it should have been considering the Gators held the Vols to -11 yards rushing.

Prediction: USC 31 - Nebraska 23. (Take Nebraska +17.5)
Actual: USC 28 - Nebraska 10.
18 points? On a 17.5 point spread? Ouch. Nebraska didn't play poorly but they are capable of better.

Prediction: Oklahoma 35 - Oregon 28. (Tentatively take Oklahoma +5.5)
Actual: Oregon 34 - Oklahoma 33.
It was a one point game, and it should have gone Oklahoma's way had the officials not been so terrible. But again, at least they covered.

Prediction: Clemson 17 - FSU 16. (Take Clemson +5)
Actual: Clemson 27 - FSU 20.
Hardly gets closer than a winning touchdown with 8 seconds left in the game. I was secretly hoping that FSU would win, in hopes to face (and beat) them in the ACC Championship - but Miami doesn't seem to be heading in that direction...

Prediction: Texas Tech 28 - TCU 13. (Take Texas Tech -1.5)
Actual: TCU 12 - Texas Tech 3.
I was completely off. Wasn't expecting the Field Goal Bowl.

This Week: 5-4 (Spread: 4-4)
Season: 9-7 (4-4)

No comments: