Friday, November 03, 2006

"Nothing can lick Chicago!"

I'm leaving today to spend the weekend in Chicago. I'll be visiting my sisters' dorms (they go to Moody Bible Institute) and spend some time as a tourist checking out the Sears Tower, Navy Pier, Wrigley Field, maybe a jazz joint, and downing some Chicago deep dish. But most importantly (after seeing my family, of course), I'll be going to Soldier Field and watching my Dolphins take on the mighty Bears (little did we know when we planned this trip during the preseason that this game would seem so impossible).

So will the Dolphins pull an '85 and keep the powerhouse Bears from a perfect season and preserve the sanctity of 1972? Highly doubtful. Doesn't keep me from throwing on my thermal underwear and screaming like a madman in hostile enemy territory in possibly the worst seats in the house (sec. 427, nearly last row).

So in honor of the special occasion, I'm taking Miami +14. I might be crazy for it, but such is the life of a true fan... a true dol-fan.

3 comments:

machete said...

The title of this post comes from the 1937 film "In Old Chicago," a reference to the city's greatness and resiliency.

I know, I know... needlessly obscure.

Lissy said...

They pulled it off! you must had a great time.

machete said...

It was great! I hope to blog about it as soon as I upload my pictures.